Divi Site The average person spent more than 3 hours a day in mobile apps in 2018. How do you create a mobile experience that is going to keep your audience engaged and coming back on mobile? If you want to attract as large and diverse an audience as possible, you should consider creating a mobile app for your website, and if you used Divi to build it, it might be even easier than you thought!
In 2019, around two-thirds of all internet traffic comes from mobile devices, and that share is only going to get larger. But, providing a mobile-friendly website isn’t enough to compete in the long term.
Check out these statistics:
- U.S. adults spend an average of 3 hours and 23 minutes per day on their mobile devices.
- The total number of worldwide mobile app downloads in 2017 was 178 million. In 2018, this grew to 205 million, and is set to hit over 258 million by 2022.
- App usage accounts for 80-90% of the time spent online via mobile devices.
- Mobile app revenue worldwide is projected to rise to about 189 million in 2020.
- About 42% of small businesses already have their own mobile apps. Another 30% plan to create one soon.
- If you want to get the attention of your target audience, you need to meet them where they are.
Increasingly, this means in a mobile app. The app market is booming, and many businesses have already gotten on board. In order to remain competitive, it may be time to turn your Divi website into a mobile app. Building a brand-new app from the ground up can be a tall order. It requires you to have at least two talented iOS and Android app developers on staff, or be willing to hire out. Plus, it can consume a lot of time and resources.
Fortunately, there’s another option.
You can create a Divi mobile site, but can you create a Divi mobile app?
You can easily convert your website into a mobile app. Doing this offers a number of advantages:
- Get your app live far more quickly. Nothing new to learn or build.
- You won’t have to create new content – your existing content will work within your app.
- You manage your app the same way you manage your website, in WordPress
- You’ll provide a familiar experience to your app users – your app will work exactly like your website already does.
Learn More- 5 Latest of Mobile App Development in 2019
Why Divi Makes for Excellent Mobile Apps
Technically speaking, you can turn any WordPress website into a mobile app. However, we’re betting that the reason you’re here is because you’re a Divi user. That means we’re not just talking about any WordPress theme – we’re focused specifically on one of the most flexible themes you can find.
For our purposes, what matters most is that Divi is an excellent foundation for a mobile app.
Making the transition from website to app is simpler with this responsive theme than it is for many of the other available options.
Some of the reasons Divi is so well-suited to this purpose include:
- Pages are formatted and laid out in a logical, well-organized way. This makes adapting existing content simpler.
- Many of the basic designs are very streamlined and uncluttered, which is an ideal foundation for a mobile app.
- The multipurpose nature of the theme makes it appropriate for all kinds of niches and functions.
- It’s highly-optimized for mobile devices, meaning that it looks and works well on smaller screens.
This last point is particularly crucial.
Divi is a strong theme for mobile sites – pages adjust responsively for smaller screens, you have the option to position a menu bar along the side instead of at the top, and more.
All of these factors make the theme ideal for creating content that’s meant to be displayed on mobile devices.
Use All of Your Divi Features In Your App
At this point, you’re probably wondering how you can go about putting together your own Divi mobile app. When it comes to choosing an app development solution, here are a few of the most important characteristics you’ll want to look for:
- Does it integrate with WordPress? Your mobile app development solution should integrate with WordPress, if you want to make sure that all of your existing plugins will work in your Divi mobile app.Is it flexible? There are plenty of tools that can quickly turn your WordPress content into an app. However, it’s easy to create a sub-bar app using a DIY builder. You will quickly have an app, but you want to make sure that the experience is as good as what your audience expects.There are plenty of other features a top-notch app development service might offer, of course. We’ll touch on some of those in the next section. However, the above points are absolutely crucial to get the most out of your investment.
How to Create a Divi Mobile App
Here at MobiLoud, we offer a service that makes it easy to get the job done: MobiLoud is an app development service that’s built specifically for WordPress users. This means it’s perfectly positioned to help convert your existing site into a Divi app.
It’s especially useful for small businesses that know their audience wants a dedicated app, but lack the time, budget, or resources to create one on their own with an internal team or agency. Agencies in particular will charge $50-100k for a mobile app, and take months to deliver.
With MobiLoud, you’ll get access to a wide range of features and benefits. You can:
- Publish a native mobile app based on the site theme or any custom theme you’ll create for it, based on Divi of course.
- Do none of the technical work, as MobiLoud will take care of it for you!
- Enable your app to update automatically, as you add and edit content on the original site
- Apply your own branding to the app – it’s completely whitelabel, so ideal for agencies and consultants building apps for their clients
- Publish your app in both the App Store and the Google Play Store
- Send push notifications, either manually or automatically (or both)
- Track various results and metrics with built-in analytics functionality
- Use your app to share content, sell products, provide a service, enable sign-ups, and more
Most importantly, you’ll have experienced professionals building your app, taking into account your particular goals. We’ll communicate with you to understand your needs, create the app, publish it, and even maintain it afterwards.
If you’re looking to create a Divi mobile app, MobiLoud’s software and team makes it easy.
Within weeks, your app will be built, tested, and published on the iOS and Google Play App Stores.
You’ll be on your way to capturing a slice of the mobile app market.